Fortnite servers are all set to go down this morning and will remain offline for a number of hours while Epic Games new Fortnite 4.2 update is released
This was meant to happen yesterday, on Tuesday, as with most updates, but this was delayed when Epic Games found a bug which meant some quests and challenges weren't functioning properly.
This mainly impacted the 'Watch a Match Replay' challenge, which simply wasn't working. And by extension, meant the Blockbuster challenge wasn't working either (since you need to complete ALL challenges).
Thankfully, Epic Games has found a fix. That means update 4.2 will be dropping this morning after some server downtime.
Servers will be brought offline at "4:00am ET (0800 GMT)" as per most Fortnite updates.
Equally, it's worth reminding players that although Epic has told followers this will be taking place at 8am in the UK, due to the time difference and it now being BST, this will actually occur at 9am for anyone in the UK.
Once downtime begins patch notes should be released (although, you can see some early patch notes further down).
And again, when the game comes back online it should return with the last remaining weekly challenge for week 3 working properly.
As mentioned, the new Season 4 Week 3 challenges are now live and bar the Watch a Match Replay task, they can all be completed.
Here are the new challenges for week 3:
• Watch a Match Replay (1)
• Deal damage with Pistols to opponents (500)
• Search Chests in Lonely Lodge (7)
• Search Rubber Duckies (10)
• Follow the treasure map found in Salty Springs (1) (HARD)
• Sniper Rifle Eliminations (2) (HARD)
• Eliminate opponents in Tilted Towers (3) (HARD)
If you need any help with any of the above, simply follow the link for our handy guide. This will be especially helpful for the Salty Springs map challenge as well as the Rubber Duckies challenge.
Whilst not definitive, there are some bugfixes listed by the development team as 'fixed in the next release' on the games trello board.
Unfortunately, this doesn't include the Refund Skins feature that was pulled some weeks back. However, we do know the following will be fixed in the next update:
Battle Royale Top Issues:
Turbo Building doesn't build if you switch pieces too quickly.
- Turbo Building doesn't build anything after quickly switching to a different piece in Builder Pro.
Common and Uncommon weapons dropping in Infinity Gauntlet LTM
- Common and Uncommon weapons are dropping in the Infinity Gauntlet LTM when only Rare weapons and above should be spawning.
Improvements to Twitch Prime flow, Facebook friends, and social friend finding
- General improvements to Twitch Prime flow for users attempting to redeem the Prime Pack. Ongoing improvements to Facebook friends, and social friend finding.
Save The World Top Issues:
Party chat doesn't work in zone after leaving and rejoining
- Party chat isn’t working properly in zone after leaving and rejoining the zone, instead of posting a message it posts a yellow error message stating it is unable to send the message. Player may also loses the ability to see or use team chat unless using quick chat.
Flame Grill Trap can't be placed in the collection book
- The Flame Grill trap does not have a place in the collection book and can't be added.