H1Z1 gets a brand new Scavenger mode
H1Z1 is going offline for maintenance on PS4 and PC, as developer Daybreak adds a brand new game mode.
The battle royale game will be down for approximately four hours, starting at 4pm UK time.
The downtime will give the development team the chance to add a new game mode and a big new update.
“All servers will be offline starting at 8AM PDT (PS4) and 9AM PDT (PC) on Thursday, July 5 for a 4-hour downtime to bring you a limited-time Scavenger Hunt in Arcade mode with an elusive reward!” reads a Daybreak tweet.
Running until July 10, Scavenger mode tasks players with collecting 50 Wasteland Skulls to earn three silver victory crates.
Fans should also be on the look out for the sole Skull of the King item. Finding and keeping this rare item unlocks the Scavenger Skull Helmet.
“Many battles have been fought across Pleasant Valley, and many brave souls have met their demise during their fight for victory,” reads a Daybreak post.
“As a tribute to those that came before you, you will find two types of skulls across the map, each offering their own challenge and reward.”
More details and patch notes can be found below…
Wasteland Skull (Easy)
Found more abundantly around the map, find and collect 50 of these skulls before the end of the Hunt. However, these Wasteland Skulls are still in limited supply each match, so keep your eyes open as you scavenge for gear. Collecting 50 of these skulls (your progress carries between matches) will get you 3 Silver Victory Crates.
Skull of the King (Hard)
This skull, from the very first H1Z1 winner, is far more rare – only 1 per match can be found randomly on the map. The Skull of the King is haunted, and the golden energy it emits can be both seen and heard. Locate this skull, acquire it, and WIN a match while you possess it to unlock the elusive Scavenger Skull Helmet.
According to Daybreak, the Skull of the King can be looted off other players.
UPDATES & BUG FIXES
• Quick-throwing a grenade now properly interrupts shotgun reloads.
• Players are now awarded kill credit when damaging a player who then dies from falling damage.
• Revive timer now properly shows when beginning a revive right after healing.
• Reviving is now canceled if the player being revived crawls too far away from the reviver.
• Players will no longer go into a downed state if they die without any teammates still alive.
• Camera no longer transitions to first-person when downed while aiming down sights.
• Airstrike Signal is no longer missing tier info in the item pickup UI.
• Airstrike Signal can now be picked up when all throwable slots are occupied.
• Weapons now appear with their correct skins when dropped from opposing players.