Realm Royale patch notes are here
Having posted some great player stats since its launch, Realm Royale recently saw its second Steam update.
The official Realm Royale patch notes from Hi-Rez confirms all the big tweaks that have been made on the PC platform.
This includes some big gameplay shifts for weapons, as well as the usual changes at the early access level.
One tweak players might notice is that when starting a new match, they will now spawn as their last used class from a previous match.
Other changes are connected to making the Realm Royale experience a little less frustrating.
An improvement that fans might like includes teammates colors being consistent for all team members.
“For instance, if a player is assigned green, they will appear green and have a green waypoint marker for everyone else on their team,” the official patch notes confirm.
The official patch notes for the new Realm Royale update have been released and can be found in full at the bottom of this article.
Fans on other platforms are also hoping to hear some big news in the months to come.
Given the current state of battle royale type games on home consoles and online stores, Realm Royale could make a welcome addition to major platforms.
The free-to-play game is likely to attract a lot of players, so priority for Hi-Res studios naturally would be adapting it for consoles as soon as they can.
Sadly, the game only recently hit early access on Steam, a place where many battle royale games can be interned for a long while.
Early access alumni H1Z1 recently made the jump to PS4 where it is enjoying a lot of success, so Hi-Rez may be wanting to join in.
From what we have seen with other early access games, it seems likely that Realm Royale would switch to Xbox One first.
Microsoft have their own Preview Program for games, while Sony’s PS4 does not.
- Hitboxes for certain weapons were too large and were reduced. All weapons use the same hitbox now. These include:
- Longbow, Heirloom Rifle, Plasma Launcher, Poison Pistol, Revolver, Stone Spear, Throwing Axe.
- Damage increased from 300/375/450/525 to 350/440/530/610.
- Damage reduced from 1000 to 900.
- Heirloom Rifle:
- Damage reduced from 400/500/600/700 to 350/440/530/610.
- Clip size reduced from 8 to 6.
- Refire time increased from 0.8 to 0.9.
- Decreased the audio volume of firing at long distances.
- Poison Pistol
- Increase projectile Speed increased from 500 to 600.
- Total damage per burst increased from 336/408/504/600 to 360/480/600/720.
- Renamed to Slug Rifle.
- Damage increased from 500/600/700/800 to 550/690/830/960.
- Clip size increased from 4 to 5.
- Sniper Rifle
- Damage reduced from 1200 to 1100.
- Audio improvements to the projectile and bullet impact.
- Stone Spear
- Damage per shot increased from 275 to 300.
- Projectile Speed increased from 450 to 600.
- Damage reduced from 550/700/850/1000 to 500/630/750/880.
- Healing Totem
- Persist time changed from 4/6/8/10s to 6s at all ranks.
- Healing changed from 20 health per tick at all ranks to 10/20/30/40.
- Tick rate remains unchanged at 4 ticks per second.
- Shielding Potion
- Cooldown changed from 18/16/14/12s to 19/16/13/10s.
- Shield health changed from 500 health at all ranks to 350/400/450/500.
- Flask of Healing
- Cooldown changed from 12s at all ranks to 16/14/12/10s.
- Net Shot
- Slow changed from 60% at all ranks to 20/40/60/80%.
- Cooldown changed from 6s at all ranks to 10/8/6/4s.
- Players can now soar through windows.
- Now grants 150% increased air control for 3s after activating Thrust.
- Dodge Roll
- Decreased the audio volume levels.
- Armor gain for all items has been changed from 50/100/200/300 to 100/160/220/300.
- When starting a new match, players will spawn as their last used class from a previous match.
- Made improvements for picking up items in the world.
- Players can now heal in fog.
- Eliminated chickens now drop a Chicken Trophy, which can be collected to forge legendary weapons. Chicken Trophies replace the nugget/chicken leg mechanic that was previously awarded automatically to the killer. Chicken Trophies can be picked up for 30 seconds following an elimination.
- Health and armor potions will now automatically get picked up by players who run near them, unless the potions have been deliberately dropped by a player.
- Base fog damage increased from 1% max health to 1.5% max health per tick.
- Players can now apply some mid-air braking while skydiving.
- Added the following keybindings in the settings:
- Inventory screen
- Free cam
- Swap weapons
- Reworked landing animations to be smoother.
- Chicken skins will now only apply to the owner of the skin rather to the owner and victims of the owner.
- When legendary armor is equipped, players now see a corresponding golden glow on their character’s body.
- Improved the visual presentation of switching classes.
- Weapons and abilities can no longer be used while playing a hard land or a skydive land.
- Teammates’ colors are now consistent for all team members. For instance, if a player is assigned green, they will appear green and have a green waypoint marker for everyone else on their team.
- The fog progression bar on the HUD now has a numbered timer representing the time until the fog is complete.
- The inventory screen has been updated, allowing players to drop health and armor potions, along with detailed information for weapons, abilities, and armor.
- Various HUD and icon improvements and updates.
- Decreased the distance that players can hear zeppelins.
- Decreased the fog horn volume.
- Fixed an issue where pickup sounds could play as players cycled to new players in spectator, becoming eliminated, turning into a chicken, or changing classes.
- Added more ambient environmental sounds.
- Increased the distance that players could hear the edge of the fog.
- Made various improvements to weapon and ability volume levels.
- Adjusted the volume of the forging audio effects.
- Made various improvements to UI and HUD sounds.
- Classes now have more unique movement sounds.
- Increased the range that players can hear other players landing from a skydive.
- Fixed an issue where the scope sensitivity setting was not properly working.
- Fixed an issue where improved movement abilities wouldn’t display green upgrade tips.
- Fixed an issue where a late joining player could damage other players while they were deploying.
- Fixed some T-Pose animation glitches.
- Fixed an issue in which the wrong special effects were playing when going into stealth.
- Fixed bug where becoming a chicken did not interrupt Long Bow draw.
- Fixed an issue where the class name could be incorrect in chat.
- Fixed an issue where a sword icon was shown in the dagger inventory slot when spectating another player.
- Fixed an issue where the ammo count wouldn’t display correctly when spectating another player.
- Fixed an issue where other players would sometimes look like they were playing a falling animation when they were standing still.
- Fixed an issue where longbow animations would not play correctly for other players.
- Fixed an issue where players would sometimes not be able to spectate other players.
- Fixed an issue where rapidly using a weapon’s scope could prevent players from slowing down while aiming.
- Fixed tooltip for armor.
- Fixed Soar animations appearing broken for other players if canceled prematurely.
- Fixed bug with Alt Tab causing a black screen.