Where is Xur today? That’s the question all Destiny 2 Guardians will be asking this morning following another big week for fans of the game.
Guardians this week saw the Iron Banner and Lord Saladin return to the crucible, although they might be rightly more excited by the prospect of Rumble returning to the game later this month.
However, in the meantime, Bungie has dropped a huge amount of info on what’s coming to the game on March 27 with the new update. You just need to hear over and read the most recent ‘This week at Bungie’ blog post.
But for now, we turn our immediate attention back to Xur and hope that the Agent of the Nine returns with some amazing new exotic stock to spend our Legendary Shards.
If you’re looking for the mysterious tentacle-faced merchant this week, you won’t find him just yet, so don’t bother checking the Destiny Reddit page for info.
Equally, as players discovered last week, there is a new time when Xur appears, following the games recent Destiny 2 Reset changes. It means the Agent of Nine will now arrive at 9am PST, 12pm EST, 5pm UK, 6pm CET.
When he does randomly appear, it’ll be somewhere, in one of the four public spaces of Titan, Io, Nessus, the European Dead Zone.
For those curious, Bungie has ruled out the possibility of Xur appearing in the Patrol Zone of Mercury, instead appearing in The Tower when the flashpoint is on Mercury.
Stick with us as we reveal where Xur can be found this week and what he’s selling in exchange for his Legendary shards. In the meantime, you can recap what Xur was selling last week in the gallery below:
What was Xur selling last week? March 2 – March 6
Last week Xur was selling the following stock, which Guardians could buy using their Legendary Shards:
• The Wardcliff Coil Rocket Launcher – 29 Legendary Shards
• Mechaneers Tricksleeves Exotic Gauntlet armour – 23 Legendary Shards
• Chrest of Alpha Lupi Exotic Helmet armour – 23 Legendary Shards
• Eye of Another World Exotic Helmet armour – 23 Legendary Shards
On top of this, Xur was also selling the following two items:
• Three of Coins – 31 Legendary Shards
• Fated Engram – 97 Legendary Shards
It’s worth noting every Exotic listed above is a 305 Power level, which was great for anyone who wanted to attempt the Leviathan Raid, which required that Guardians are a minimum level of 305 before starting – an increase from 270 since the launch of the Curse of Osiris DLC.
New Xur Changes since Update 220.127.116.11
Xur has some new items to sell each week which were introduced with the games 18.104.22.168 update:
• Every week, you’ll be able to acquire one of the new Fated Engrams using Legendary Shards that will decrypt as Exotics that aren’t already in your collection
• A simpler Three of Coins that boosts Exotic drop rates from any source for 4 hours
• No obscure stacking mechanics or need to re-apply before every boss
• These cost Legendary Shards and you can have as many as you like
HOW TO ACQUIRE LEGENDARY SHARDS IN DESTINY 2?
Legendary Shards have replaced the Strange Coins as Xur’s currency of choice, but should you still be finding your feet within the game, then below you’ll find a list of every which way you can obtain Legendary Shards in the game:
• Dismantling Legendary weapons and armour (x 2)
• Dismantling Exotic weapons and armour (x 10)
• Strike bosses (rare)
• Weekly Nightfalls
• Planetary chests (rare)
• Lost Sector chests
• Raid chests
• Raid encounters
If you haven’t acquired enough Legendary Shards just yet to buy Xur’s stock, then make sure to farm them quick because Xur and his exotic stock won’t be around for long.
You’ll want to make sure you acquire enough Legendary Shards before the mysterious vendor skips town, which now takes place every Tuesday at 10AM along with the games Weekly Reset.