Fortnite players are readying themselves for the deployment of the V.2.5.0 patch, which will introduce the Valentine’s Day event for Battle Royale and Save The World portions of the game.
The timed event will introduce a special Valentine’s Day quest entitled A Love Story as well as themed skins for Fortnite Battle Royale as well as the new Cupid’s crossbow weapon.
Though Epic has not announced a release time for the update, we do know it’s due to drop today.
A blog post last week outlined what players can expect from the event:
“Valentine’s day is coming and Fortnite is getting in the spirit. Feeling lovey-dovey?
“Then grab yourself Valentine’s Day themed skins in Battle Royale. Gunpowder, not your thing? The new Crossbow allows you to hunt your prey the old-fashioned way.
“Eliminate your targets with stealth and finesse with this new addition. Need more love? For our Save the World fans, our new Valentines themed quest starts.”
Fortnite patch V.2.5.0 will also put the SMG into the ‘vault’, meaning the weapon will be rotating out of Battle Royale – something we can apparently expect more of from the game in the coming months, with other weapons due to come in and out of rotation over time.
Explaining the decision on Reddit, Epic Games said: “As we add more weapons, consumables, and other item types we want to make sure that the balance of itemization isn’t ruined.
“Expect more items to be released (and likewise vaulted!) in the future. And of course, items will often come back out of the Vault when the timing is right.”
Epic has previously given an overview of what to expect from Fortnite patch V.2.5.0. You can read that here.
FORTNITE BATTLE ROYALE PATCH NOTES
• The Shooting Test #1 Limited-Time Mode has been switched to Solo only.
• Known Issue: The Shooting Test does not save progression for stats or challenges.
• Shotgun headshot damage increased to 200% (was 150%).
• Scoped Assault Rifle is now 100% accurate when zoomed in.
• Scoped Assault Rifle no longer has damage fall-off.
• Players will no longer slide off rooftops.
• Fix for Item Shop panels disappearing after completing a V-buck purchase through the Store Tab.
• Fix for collision inconsistencies in certain basement corners.
• Fixed a hole in the terrain south of Retail Row.
• This weapon fires Arrows, which are an unlimited ammo type.
• Found from floor loot and treasure chests.
• This weapon comes in both Rare and Epic variants.